Blogger Templates

Friday, June 24, 2011

Come on in?

The front entry of our house needed help.  It was so plain and, to me, it screamed, "We just moved in and haven't decorated yet!"

The first step was a welcome mat.  We started off with this $5.00 mat from Home Depot.
















I then added tape and and a freezer paper monogram.















(The font for the letter H is called Plantagenet Cherokee.)

I attacked it with black spray paint, peeled off the tape, and voila.
















Not too bad for five bucks.

We've already seen the effects of having a welcome mat.  Not one hour after I put that outside, this little ball of fur walked into the house:















He literally just strolled right in through the open door and made himself at home.  He actually stayed here for about six hours before someone claimed him.  I guess there's something to be said about having a welcome mat!


No comments:

Post a Comment